Shipping, Receiving and Inventory Specialist - temp to perm
Accumet is an industry-leading advanced processing manufacturer for new and legacy materials fabrication, precision laser services, and critical component assembly.
This is a temp to perm role with the goal of transitioning to permanent employee in 2-4 months.
Oversees shipping/receiving operations at Westford, MA facility and assists in stockroom as needed using knowledge of commonly used concepts, practices and procedures within field. Responsible for overseeing the inter-departmental transport of materials. Collaborates cross-departmentally to ensure all parties have necessary materials. Assembles orders and prepares goods for shipment. Assist with kitting as needed.
- Confirm and record the receipt of shipments
- Sanitize all incoming shipments per covid-19 sanitization protocol
- Quality control of incoming material
- Record shipment data including weight, charges and space availability
- Receive and unpack materials and supplies
- Report damages and discrepancies for accounting and reimbursement
- Completes shipping and receiving reports
- Assist as needed and act as back up for kitting
- Performs duties in other departments as assigned
- Transfers inventory information into software (E2) – maintaining current daily counts
- Maintains inventory of receipts for shipping/receiving
- Familiarity with UPS/FEDEX shipping
- 2-3 years experience in similar role
- Forklift trained and certified
- High school diploma
- Machine/job shop environment
- Time Management
- Ability to lift 30 lbs.
Hours: 7am-3:30pm with ability for overtime as needed
Reports to: Production Manager
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles, moving mechanical parts and vibration. The noise level in the work environment and job sites can be loud.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. This position is very active and requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, crawling and climbing all day. The employee must frequently lift and/or move items over 30 pounds. Specific vision abilities are required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
What we offer: Competitive Wage, Vacation and Sick Time, Medical, Dental, 401k with Match, Company sponsored Life Insurance and AD&D, STD/LTD, Dependent Care and FSA Cafeteria Plans, Aflac, Training opportunities.