Quality and Processing Technician - temp to perm
Accumet is an industry-leading advanced processing manufacturer for new and legacy materials fabrication, precision laser services, and critical component assembly. We are looking for an experienced Quality and Processing Technician to join our team. This role is located in Hudson, MA but occasional travel to Westford, MA might be necessary and we will be relocating to a brand new facility in Devens, MA by end of 2022.
This is a full-time temp to perm role with goal of transitioning to permanent employment within 6 months.
The primary responsibilities include conducting first piece, second piece in-process and final inspections throughout the production process to ensure the quality of materials and finished products complies with customer requirements. You will identify areas of improvement to increase efficiency. This role is also responsible for material processing. You will also assist in other departments such as shipping, as needed.
Experience and responsibilities
- Verify part dimensions and tolerances to ensure conformance to specifications of both incoming material and production parts
- Perform In-Process Inspection (IPI) of production to verify quality assurance standards are being achieved
- Clean and process materials
- Input data into company’s ERP system
- Complete Inspection reports and NCRs (non-conformance reports) and communicate with customers as needed
- Reconcile final inspection documentation
- Validate documentation and monitor calibration activities
- Collaborate with other departments
- Experience using micrometers, calipers, height gauges, etc
- Read and comprehend drawings, blueprints and work instructions
- Ensure compliant usage by Sales staff of ERP system (we use JobBOSS).
- Experience with JobBOSS software, or equivalent.
- Experience using micrometers, calipers, height gauges, etc.
- Time management skills, must be able to multi-task
- Team player and ability to interact with other departments
- Great verbal and written communication skills
- Willing and able to lift 30 lbs.
Location: training will take place in Hudson, MA and Westford, MA (moving to brand new building in Devens, MA late 2022)
Reports to: Quality Manager
Hours: 7am-3:30pm with ability for overtime as needed
What we offer for permanent, full-time employees: Competitive Wage, Vacation and Sick Time, 10 paid holidays, Medical HMO or PPO with HSA and HRA options, Dental, 401k with Match, Company sponsored Life Insurance and AD&D, STD/LTD, Cafeteria Plans, Aflac, Professional development, internal growth opportunities, training opportunities.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles, moving mechanical parts and vibration. The noise level in the work environment and job sites can be loud.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. This position is very active and requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, crawling and climbing all day. The employee must frequently lift and/or move items over 30 pounds. Specific vision abilities are required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Accumet requires that all employees be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment, subject to approved requests for medical or religious accommodation.
Accumet is an equal opportunity employer.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.