Industrial Maintenance Technician - temp to perm
Accumet is an industry-leading advanced processing manufacturer for new and legacy materials fabrication, precision laser services, and critical component assembly. We are looking for an Industrial Maintenance Mechanic to join our team in Hudson, MA with travel, as needed to Westford, MA and move with us to our brand new facility in Devens, MA in late 2022.
This is a full-time temp to perm role with goal of transitioning to permanent employment within 6 months.
Primary responsibilities will include troubleshooting and maintaining machines and equipment to support production, addressing facilities issues, leading a preventative maintenance program and keeping accurate maintenance records while constantly striving towards a goal of zero downtime.
Experience and Responsibilities
- Ability to read and understand hydraulic and pneumatic schematics
- Machine re-build skills required; experience with motors and gears
- Repair and rebuilt defective machine components
- Lead effort and tasks related to preventative maintenance of machines
- Collaborate with contractors as needed for maintenance issues that cannot be resolved in-house.
- Experience in working with conduit installation; power supply and control wiring and industrial wiring practices
- Ability to read and comprehend drawings and work instructions
- Great verbal and written communication skills
- Time management skills - ability to multitask
- Minimum 3 years of experience in industrial mechanical maintenance in manufacturing environment
- Ability to lift 30 lbs.
Class A Mechanic
Location: Hudson, MA with travel to Westford, MA as needed (moving to brand new building in Devens, MA late 2022)
Hours: 7am-3:30pm with ability for overtime as needed
Reports to: Maintenance Supervisor
What we offer for permanent, full-time employees: Competitive Wage, Vacation and Sick Time, 10 paid holidays, Medical HMO or PPO with HSA and HRA options, Dental, 401k with Match, Company sponsored Life Insurance and AD&D, STD/LTD, Cafeteria Plans, Aflac, Professional development, internal growth opportunities, training opportunities.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles, moving mechanical parts and vibration. The noise level in the work environment and job sites can be loud.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. This position is very active and requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, crawling and climbing all day. The employee must frequently lift and/or move items over 30 pounds. Specific vision abilities are required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Accumet requires that all employees be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment, subject to approved requests for medical or religious accommodation.
Accumet is an equal opportunity employer.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.