Accumet is an industry-leading advanced processing manufacturer for new and legacy materials fabrication, precision laser services, and critical component assembly. We are looking for an experienced Laser Welder to join our team in Westford, MA and relocate with us to a brand new facility in Devens, MA in late 2022.
You will have substantial experience performing laser welding, micro welding or electron beam welding operations and will utilize this experience by providing technical guidance on new business opportunities. You will set up and run computer numeric controlled production equipment (CNC) within the Laser Welding department and be open to exploring and learning utilization of new equipment.
You will need to set up and fixture jobs, follow instructions in the job traveler carefully and occasionally modify G-code. You will also need to use inspection tools to complete 1st and 2nd piece inspections. You will need to have great time management skills and be comfortable working both as a team, and individually. Ability to communicate clearly both written and verbally.
- Select proper programs and fixture
- Read and understand blueprints and customer specifications
- Microscope work - light source inspection
- Perform prescribed maintenance as required such as lens cleaning, mode alignments, keeping station clean
- Perform 1st and 2nd piece inspections including dimensional inspections
- May perform a variety of other tasks as production needs require including learning to operate machines in other departments (Metals, Marking, etc.)
- Experience with manufacturing software/or similar job tracking software (ShopTech-E2)
- Ability to think critically to be able to fixture parts
- Knowledge of measuring devices such as verniers, micrometers, and microscopes
- Ability to log information about a job both manually (written) and electronically.
- Ability to think critically and resolve issues at the laser to be sure job runs correctly.
- Bonus: Familiarity with leak testing and hermetic sealing
- 1-3 years of job shop/manufacturing experience
- Laser welding OR micro welding OR electron beam welding OR combo of CNC machine operations and TIG welding
- 2 years of experience setting up and running CNC machines or 1 year of laser operator experience
- G-code familiarity
- Ability to communicate effectively with supervisors, managers and other departments
- Ability to lift 30 lbs.
Location: Westford, MA (Devens in late 2022)
Hours: 7am-3:30pm with occasional overtime
Reports to: Production Manager
What we offer for permanent, full-time employees: Competitive Wage, Vacation and Sick Time, 10 paid holidays, Medical HMO or PPO with HSA and HRA options, Dental, 401k with Match, Company sponsored Life Insurance and AD&D, STD/LTD, Cafeteria Plans, Aflac, Professional development, internal growth opportunities, training opportunities.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles, moving mechanical parts and vibration. The noise level in the work environment and job sites can be loud.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. This position is very active and requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, crawling and climbing all day. The employee must frequently lift and/or move items over 30 pounds. Specific vision abilities are required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Accumet requires that all employees be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment, subject to approved requests for medical or religious accommodation.
Accumet is an equal opportunity employer.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.