Laser CNC Machine Operator - temp to perm
Accumet is an industry-leading advanced processing manufacturer for new and legacy materials fabrication, precision laser services, and critical component assembly. We are looking for a CNC Laser Machine Operator with at least a couple of years of experience for the Metals Department at our Westford, MA location; 7am-3:30pm EDT shift.
In this role, you will set up and run high-powered metal cutting lasers with minimal supervision. You will need to set up and fixture jobs, follow instructions in the job traveler carefully and occasionally modify G-code. You will also need to use inspection tools to complete 1st and 2nd piece inspections. You will need to have great communication and time management skills.
- Perform typical laser cutting operations
- Select proper cutting programs and fixtures
- Establish proper stop location and adjust laser beam focal point
- Read and understand blueprints
- Modify G-code
- Microscope work - light source inspection
- Use measuring devices such as Verniers, Pin Gages, calipers.
- Understand feed rates, power parameters, different material properties
- Perform prescribed maintenance as required such as lens cleaning, mode alignments, keeping station clean.
- Perform 1st and 2nd piece inspections including dimensional inspections.
- Detect and report defective materials or questionable conditions to supervisor.
- May perform a variety of other tasks as production needs require including learning to operate machines in other departments (Ceramics, Marking).
- Experience with manufacturing software/or similar job tracking software (ShopTech-E2)
- Knowledge of CAD software (Alphacam, AutoCAD, Solidworks) i
- 2 years of manufacturing experience
- 2 years of experience setting up and running CNC machines or 2 years of laser operator experience
- G-code knowledge
- Ability to communicate effectively with supervisors, managers and other departments
- Ability to lift 30 lbs.
Location: Westford, MA
Reports to: Production Supervisor
Hours: 7am-3:30pm with occasional overtime
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles, moving mechanical parts and vibration. The noise level in the work environment and job sites can be loud.
The physical depends described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. This position is very active and requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, crawling and climbing all day. The employee must frequently lift and/or move items over 30 pounds. Specific vision abilities are required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
What we offer: Competitive Wage, Vacation and Sick Time, Medical, Dental, 401k with Match, Company sponsored Life Insurance and AD&D, STD/LTD, Dependent Care and FSA Cafeteria Plans, Aflac, Training opportunities.