Machine Operator - temp to perm
Accumet is an industry-leading advanced processing manufacturer for new and legacy materials fabrication, precision laser services, and critical component assembly.
Job Summary: We are looking for machine operator to join a small team at our Hudson facility to process a variety of parts in a wide range of materials using lapping, polishing and edge grinding processes. Training will be provided. Laser operator experience a plus. This is a temp to perm role with goal of transitioning into permanent role after 2-4 months.
- Perform detailed lapping, polishing and edge grinding operations to meet customer specification
- Verify conformance of work in process and finished work against specified tolerances using precision measuring tools such as micrometers, calibers, drop indicators, interferometers
- Read and interpret drawings or work from process/job travelers
- Calculate measurements to decide how much material needs to be added or removed to a job.
- Verify correct materials, quantities and production requirements per work order instructions
- Ability to follow verbal and written instructions
- Meet production quality and quantity standards
- Machine shop experience
- Math skills - decimal calculations
- Read micrometers
- Time Management skills
- Team player
- Ability to lift 30 lbs.
Reports to: Production Supervisor
Location: Hudson, MA
Hours: 7am-3:30pm with occasional overtime as needed
The employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger; handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk; lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision ability is required which includes close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. The employee is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.