Maintenance Mechanic - temp to perm
Accumet is an industry-leading advanced processing manufacturer for new and legacy materials fabrication, precision laser services, and critical component assembly. We are looking for a Maintenance Mechanic to join our team in Hudson, MA. This is a temp to perm role with the goal of transitioning to permanent employee in 2-4 months.
Primary responsibilities will include maintaining and troubleshoot high voltage equipment to support production, lead a preventative maintenance program and keep accurate maintenance records while constantly striving towards a goal of zero downtime.
- Electrical and mechanical troubleshooting of manufacturing operations
- Understand how to troubleshoot and install circuit boards
- Ability to measure resistors
- Ability to use multimeter, ohm meter, oscilloscope
- Knowledge of current industrial electrical standards and codes
- Ability to read and understand electrical schematics; analog or digital
- Understanding computers
- Diagnose, remove, reformat and install mother boards
- Ability to back up data
- Ability to read and understand hydraulic and pneumatic schematics
- General machine re-build skills required
- Experience with motors and gears
- Experience in working with conduit installation; power supply and control wiring and industrial wiring practices
- Performs necessary welding and sheet metal operations required to make maintenance repairs or replacement components
- Ability to read and comprehend drawings and work instructions
- Understanding of manufacturing computer applications
- Time Management skills, must be able to multitask
- Minimum 3 years of experience in industrial mechanical maintenance in manufacturing environment
- Ability to lift 30 lbs.
Hours: 7am-3:30pm with ability for overtime as needed
Reports to: Site Manager
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles, moving mechanical parts and vibration. The noise level in the work environment and job sites can be loud.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. This position is very active and requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, crawling and climbing all day. The employee must frequently lift and/or move items over 30 pounds. Specific vision abilities are required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.