Laser CNC Machine Operator - temp to perm
Primary responsibilities will include, but not limited to, the set up and running of different (CNC) computer numeric controlled equipment within the Marking Department. The ability to set appropriate settings and make necessary adjustments; will be a big contribution in completing jobs satisfactorily.
Summary of essential job functions
You will be expected to understand and maintain production related process or assembly, specifically validation of good quality and dimensional consistency. The ability to use mathematic formulas to convert, scale and modify programs. Basic fixturing using vices, v-blocks, rotary; as well as, understanding of CNC code (G Code). The need to follow instructions, both visually/written, attention to detail and quality parts, is imperative.
- Ability to read/understand blueprints, geometric tolerances
- Knowledge of AutoCAD style software, alpha cam, solid works is a plus
- Knowledge of drawing software related to vector manipulation like Corel Draw, Adobe Illustrator
- Set up/operate CNC laser machines
- Understand feed rates; power parameters; different material properties
- Basic programming knowledge; G Code
- Microscope work; (light source inspection)
- Ability to use measuring devices
- Understanding of job flow;
- Time Management
- Professional demeanor
The employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger; handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk; lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision ability is required which includes close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. The employee is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.